Assessment and evaluation have never been easier. Take a look at the Downloads section of our Educator Resource Center for NYS tests that have been converted to SMART Response! So far we have posted NYS Math tests from 2006 to 2009 for grades 3-8, and NYS ELA tests are in the process of being uploaded! Keep your eye out for Social Studies and Science tests coming soon.
Here are some quick facts about the exams:
- If you click on the attachment tab in the file you will find a copy of the actual exam as well as the answer key to the exam.
- Each question is tagged with its corresponding standard or performance indicator which will allow you to easily gather and analyze your student, class, and school data.
- For the ELA’s, any written answer questions were inputted as opinion questions for the sake of numerical continuity when giving the test. Students should enter an answer, but it will not be counted towards their grade.
- The stories for the ELA tests are not included, but you can print them out from the attachment tab.
- Don’t forget, these are Notebook files, so you have all of the Notebook tools to use, such as the interactive protractor, ruler, shape tools, and pen tools to model how to solve problems or to review after you have gathered your class data.
This will save you time, and allow you to collect the data that you need. Let us know how it goes!