Educreations is a very popular screen casting whiteboard app. From its easy to use interface and robust collection of teacher-created screencasts, Educreations is one of the best iPad apps for your classroom. Because Educreations is a blank whiteboard, it can be used in any subject to explain concepts, review topics and give a teacher a free tool to “flip” their classroom. Used to its full potential teachers are able to create a “virtual classroom” have their students enroll in their class and automatically share screencasts created using the app or the website with the students. The teacher also has the ability to browse an entire catalog of “Lessons” created by other teachers and share them with their student’s. Taking it another step, students can create screencast videos using Educreations to teach each other concepts and show that they are understanding material covered in the class by explaining it themselves. This is a great alternative for assessment!
With Educreations teachers can
- provide screencasts to the review of key concepts
- give students access to their videos on a computer or mobile device
- access a robust library of lessons from other users
- create screencasts that automatically share with your virtual classroom to “flip” a lesson
- allow students to create screencasts as a form of assessment
- have students create screencasts for peers to study or review
We have covered how to use Educreations in blogs, workshops, and webinars. See how Educreations was covered in Teq’s Top 5 iPad Apps webinar from last fall.
We’ll cover more apps on May 15th, at 4:30 PM during Teq’s iPad Appy Hour webinar. Register online here.