Are you looking for a Student Information System (SIS) or digital grade book that goes beyond the basic calculating and storing of grades? ThinkWave Educator 3.0 is a free, web-based solution for building a database of student information. In this day and age of Data Driven Decision Making and Instruction, teachers are being called upon to capture and use various data sources to effectively guide student learning and progress.
ThinkWave provides teachers with an outstanding resource for collecting and sharing student information, while also delivering a platform from which to analyze real-time data and strategically inform teaching and learning. From flexible grading options to generating insightful reports, this product offers many options, including:
- An intuitive interface which makes it easier for teachers to get started.
- Flexible grading: letter, percentage, points and custom grades.
- Accessible .pdf reports include student summary, attendance and grade book.
- Upload handouts online. Collect homework from students online.
- Classroom blog with file upload.
- Grades Online for students and parents.
- Use on MAC, PC or iPad using IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Access from home or school
ThinkWave also offers a premium subscription, which may be worth exploring, yet the free, ad-supported side is substantial and effective for managing student information and beyond. Watch the following video for an informative look at the benefits of ThinkWave.
How would you use ThinkWave as a tool for data driven decision making and instruction?