Labdisc: A Breakdown of the GlobiLab Software
Post in News by Emily Brenseke on 29th March 2017
Last week we reviewed how easy it is to get started with Labdisc, the award-winning data logger. In this post, we will break down the different segments of the GlobiLab software (the software that makes data analysis immediate and effortless).
Let’s Break it Down
The GlobiLab software is broken up into 4 simple segments—file management, graphing manipulative’s, set up, and display. Before you start conducting experiments, it’s important to know what you can do with each of these segments.
File management allows you to
- Open data files
- Save data from experiments
- Open lesson PDF files
- Export data from a chart into a CSV file
- Save a screen shot of an experiment’s graph
- Print a copy of an experiment’s graph
Graphing manipulatives allows you to
- Zoom in on data
- Create grids
- Annotate with labels of text or images
- Use markers to give detailed information about the data at specific points
- Apply many mathematical functions such as linear and quadratic regressions
The setup, or control panel, allows you to
- Set up sensors
- Set up the desired collection rate
- Set up the desired collection size
- Run and stop data collection
- Download previous experiments still stored within the Labdisc
With display, you can
- Overlay data on a Google Earth map
- Display data on various graphs or tables
Want to learn more?
In next week’s post, we will outline how to conduct a free fall activity using the Labdisc. In this post, you will find everything you need to set up and run the experiment, as well as how to view collected data.
GlobiLab software is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Be sure to download our Labdisc eBook: http://www.teq.com/getting-started-labdisc-ebook/
To learn more, visit our Labdisc page: http://www.teq.com/product-offerings/labdisc/.
Teq offers Professional Development to support your STEM, STEAM, and Labdisc initiatives. To see what courses are currently available, take a look at our Professional Development Catalog, here: http://www.teq.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Teq_PD_Catalog_2016_web.pdf