Getting Started with Labdisc
Post in Uncategorized by Emily Brenseke on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017
In last week’s post, we reviewed what Labdisc is, how it works, and what it can do for you. For this week’s post, we will be reviewing how easy it is to get started with Labdisc, the award-winning data logger.
Labdisc eliminates the time-consuming aspects of running a science experiment in the classroom. Its built-in sensors and lack of cables makes the lab less cluttered and allows for experiments to go mobile.
Each Labdisc consists of 7 sensory keys and 3 control keys.
Before your Labdisc wirelessly communicates with your computer for the first time, it must be paired. It only has to be done once for each Labdisc.
To pair your Labdisc:
- In the GlobiLab software, right click on the Bluetooth icon to open a pop-up menu
- Click Find more Labdiscs and sensors
- A menu will open up with different Bluetooth devices. You can recognize your Labdisc by the last four digits of the serial number located on the back of the device
- With the Labdisc, hit the scroll key to launch the Labdisc menu
- Scroll and select the configuration icon (which looks like 2 gears)
- In the configuration menu, scroll and select the Bluetooth icon
- In the Bluetooth menu, select BT pairing
- The Labdic will produce a long beep sound and switch to BT enabled
- Back in the GlobiLab software, select the Labdisc and select next
- Select Enter the device’s pairing code and select next
- Enter the device pairing code, “1234”
- Close the dialogue box and in moments you will see “Your device is ready to use”
Watch a tutorial on how to pair your Labdisc, here.
Next week we will highlight the GlobiLab software, a software designed to be as easy and immediate as the Labdisc itself.
Want to learn more?
To read last week’s blog post visit: http://www.teq.com/teq-news/labdisc-101-can/
Be sure to download our Labdisc eBook: http://www.teq.com/getting-started-labdisc-ebook/
To learn more about Labdisc, visit: http://www.teq.com/product-offerings/labdisc/.
View our Professional Development Catalog here: http://www.teq.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Teq_PD_Catalog_2016_web.pdf