Just released—the latest version of the SMART Learning Suite, 16.2!
With 16.2, SMART has made changes to some of our favorites including SMART lab, SMART Math Tools, and the Equation Editor with Geogebra. With this update, SMART also introduced integration with Google Classroom, and updated Flash items on the Mac. To see the updates made to each feature of the Suite, take a look below.
- Math Tools is now included in your SMART Learning Suite subscription, without an additional fee.
- New Math Equation Editor – Teachers and students can create and customize math equations and notations with a more robust equation editor. This new feature integrates seamlessly with the GeoGebra add-on, making difficult to comprehend mathematical concepts easier to grasp visually.
- Gameshow activity – This allows students to complete in teams to answer question sets similar to a Jeopardy-style game. It is used to engage students in the classroom with a twist on the classic quiz taking lesson. Gameshow doesn’t require student devices—it is played from the board just like “Speed Up,” the team-based competition game with “power ups” and fun visuals that keep students of any age motivated. You even see a return of the popular monster characters from “Monster Quiz” as contestants!
- Content Manager and Wizard – The new creation wizard makes creating 5-minute activities a breeze. SMART 16.2 includes updated icons for each game and has altered the way you would set up a game. Teachers can simply pick an activity, and enter in content. Game components such as buzzers and random selection for student lists or numbers are faster and easier to use, requiring less setup time.** Student app is now available for Android phone and tablets only!
- Bookmarks – Back and forward buttons can be used to progress through bookmark lists.
- Follow Me mode and Pass Control modes provide forward and back buttons for teachers and students as well.
- Teachers can also lock bookmarks in place to restrict the editing of bookmarks when students begin to explore the workspace
- Group Changes – Teachers can now easily add or remove students from groups without needing to create new groups when handing out copies in a class workspace.
- Cross -domain Collaboration – We’ve all waited for this! SMART amp now gives teachers the capability to invite students and fellow teachers from a different domain to their classes. This feature enables curriculum sharing and collaboration with schools in other districts, states, and countries.
- Google Classroom Integration – There is a wonderful workflow enhancement to Google Classroom within SMART amp. Teachers have the ability to import classes from Google Classroom, share workspaces here and atomically autosave work in the corresponding Drive Folders, progressing through “paperless classroom” model.
- The most popular Flash interactive activities in SMART Notebook will begin to auto convert to SMART Notebook lab activities. Currently, this works only with the old Vortex Sort, which converts to the new lab activity Super Sort.
** Any self-contained activities that do not interact with Notebook objects will launch in a browser where they will be fully interactive.
- Sierra OS (OS 10.12) for Mac is now supported
- 64-bit SMART Notebook for Mac is now supported
- Mac OS 10.9 is no longer supported with SMART Notebook 16.2. There is a minimum spec requirement of OS 10.10.