Account Executive, Inside Sales (Long Island, NY)
Post in Careers by RecruitingHR on 20th July 2016
Job Overview and Requirements
This is a full-time permanent position available as a member of Teq, Inc.
TEQ is an educational company dedicated to championing the evolution of the modern classroom. It is the exclusive provider of SMART Technologies award-winning classroom hardware for all K-12 districts in New York State, the national distributor for their award-winning software, and the largest reseller of SMART products in the United States of America.
As an Account Executive, you have the opportunity to be a catalyst in helping modernize the education system. You will be in charge of multimillion dollar accounts while working with outside sales representatives in creating opportunities that will turn into long-term clients for Teq.
You will be a part of the Executive Leadership Training Program that was developed by top executives in the business world which will help provide you the necessary skills and knowledge to run a multimillion dollar business. In Teq’s 6 Levels of Sales, the program will teach you how to become an expert at selling in education technology focusing on everything related to SMART Tech. You will pioneer the change in modernizing collaborative learning and innovative professional development that will catapult our education system to be the best.
In addition, Teq heavily invests in defining your career to allow you the mobility to advance within the company or for your own career goals. As long as you base your decisions on data, not anecdotes, commit to the process and actively seek out opportunities to learn then please apply now.
- Cultivate and grow existing client base
- Participate in ongoing sales, business and technical training
- Responsible for 75 calls per day and 3 hours of talk time
- Forecast and achieve weekly and monthly sales targets
- Schedule field visits for Outside Sales Reps
- Must achieve monthly activity metrics, pipeline targets, and revenue targets
Teq heavily invests in their employees and provides the best enjoyable environment to keep you engaged and love coming in to work. Teq knows that you are worth it. To show employees their appreciation, Teq offers bi-monthly themed Friday cookouts, daily snack carts, reading material for further education, and company sponsored sporting events. Recently, Teq has teamed up with International Sales Trainer Grant Cardone to access Cardone University. One of the top sales training programs in the world.
TEQ compensates well, and have never been accused of being boring or traditional. You will laugh at work and enjoy explaining to customers that a bagpiper comes to our office on St. Patrick’s Day. We like to be disruptive and we believe in aligning ourselves with products and people that can positively change current education models.
- Bachelor’s Degree combined with the ambition to begin a sales career.
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required.
- Highly motivated and ambitious with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Must be a self-starter able to multi-task and adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills resulting in the ability to influence others.
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Must be mature and confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player
- Concurrent with your educational pursuits, a history of extracurricular is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and Wage: Competitive Base Salary + Commission + Bonus
- Insurance: Medical, FSA, DCA, Dental, Vision, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement plan information: 401(k)
- Paid time off: 16 Paid Days Off Plus 11 Paid Holidays, Paid Training Days
To apply simply send your Resume and Cover letter to:
Jacquelyn Hannan, Recruiting Specialist