Accounts Payable Specialist
Human Resources Department
Careers on February 10 2021
Teq Inc – Huntington Station, NY
Associate Degree (Preferred) | Accounting Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for:
- Manage all day-to-day accounts payable functions. Handle full cycle accounts payable processing
- Receive incoming vendor invoices and verify accuracy, obtain appropriate supporting documentation and approvals prior to processing for payment
- Prioritize invoices by payment terms or other identified factors such as vendor discount opportunities
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Monitor Accounts Payable system to ensure payments are up to date
- Verify that all credits due have been issued by vendor.
- Accurately perform data entry and/or verify information with attention to detail
- Respond to all vendor inquiries about payment status
- Work with vendors and internal personnel to reconcile variances
- Request and review vendor statements
- Run month-end tasks to assist in monthly closing
- Assist with opening and distributing mail
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
- Assist CFO and Controller as needed for special projects
- 2-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Associates Degree in Accounting a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, sound understanding of accounting principles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including but not limited to PivotTables and VLOOKUP.
- SAP Business one a plus.
- Dental, Health, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Why Choose Teq?If work hard / play hard culture, quick-growth career development and an amazing group of co-workers sounds like the right fit for you, let us know. Our employees love it here. But don’t take our word for it. Apply today and see for yourself.
Company Description:Teq is an Educational Technology company, dedicated to championing the evolution of the modern classroom. We pride ourselves on supporting our schools with a unique blend of experienced service, innovative products, and incomparable professional development support, while fostering passion and creativity in the 21st century learning environment.
To apply simply send your Resume and Cover letter to:
Jacquelyn Hannan, Recruiting Specialist JacquelynHannan@teq.com