The Director of Content and Curriculum will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, development, implementation, review and evaluation of Teq’s content, curriculum and instructional services, including the successful execution of Teq’s iBlocks (Instructional Blocks) program. The Director of Content and Curriculum will ensure that all of Teq’s educational technology initiatives (products, services, hardware and software) are academically sound, and align with National and State Standards (CCSS, NGSS, TEKS, etc.) written, taught, and tested. The Director of Content and Curriculum will manage Teq’s K-12 Educational Program focused on the effective integration of technology into content, curriculum and instruction, and will be responsible for the development of grants that assist and support Teq’s educational goals and initiatives.
The Director of Content and Curriculum supervises Teq’s Instructional Designers, Senior Curriculum Specialists, and Curriculum Specialists. Together, they develop interactive lessons and learning platforms that are designed to empower teachers and to educate students on critical learning skills. The Director of Content and Curriculum will also be responsible for the lessons, content, and curriculum created for Teq’s PD Specialists who deliver Onsite Professional Development, and for the effective development, presentation, and delivery of courses and workshops designed to improve both teaching and learning on Teq’s Online Professional Development Platform.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Demonstrating understanding of all Teq Professional Development courses addressing K-12, as well as core products, processes, and programs, as well as all technology associated with such programs and products, to be an expert on the products and services for Teq sales.
- Ensuring the timely development of iBlocks to meet customers’ delivery expectations, ensuring the quality meets Teq’s standards.
- Designing professional development courses and sessions geared toward teachers from Pre-K to 12 that appeal to various learning styles.
- Developing digital learning curriculum, assessments, and instruction catered to multiple age groups to be delivered in a web-based environment.
- Creating, writing, enhancing, scripting, testing, and editing course content and curriculum.
- Developing and supervising the implementation of Grant Proposals, including but not limited to Title Grants, MTAC Bids.
- Evaluating the curriculum Teq offers on an ongoing basis in cooperation with management.
- Collaborating with Curriculum Team to design digital lessons, embedded assessments, and sequencing of content pieces.
- Working closely with eLearning, Creative, and Marketing Teams both internally and externally to translate curriculum and assessment design into software specifications that ensure engaging learning experiences for students.
- Maintaining, iterating, and updating individual instructional learning platforms.
- Interacting regularly with other teams (Marketing, Creative, Sales, IT, Operations, etc), customers, and teachers.
- Cultivating relationships with teachers, schools, and other educational organizations in the fields of educational technology, social studies, economics, and curriculum and assessment.
- Ensuring curriculum design reflects best practices and current research in education by sharing vision, gaining support, and executing against the company plan.
- Developing the online PD product that helps support Teq’s revenue and profit expectations for the product based on consumer demand.
- Working with selected 3rd party publishers, partners, and internal stakeholders to curate, customize, implement, and support the PD, online, and mentoring teams.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Education Technology, or related field
- Strong demonstrated experiences in Science, STEM/STEAM, Robotics, and Coding preferred
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years providing professional development designed to effectively integrate technology into curriculum and instruction
- Experience with effective instructional practices used for blended digital learning
- Experience integrating technology into curriculum and instruction
- Knowledge of current instructional design, learning design, or curriculum design practices and procedures
- Ability to work with software teams and learning processes
- An inspiring desire to develop effective instructional technology
- Demonstrated ability to use data to inform instruction
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage external partners and vendors
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of Common Core State Standards
- Understanding of academic market dynamics
- Ability to use multimedia authoring tools such as Camtasia, Captivate, Final Cut Pro X
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary Range
- 18 Paid Days Off Plus 13 Paid Holidays
- Full Slate of benefits – Health and a 401K plan to help plan for your future