|The Installer maximizes productivity and customer satisfaction by performing install and service projects in a safe, effective and efficient manner. The Installer performs all work in compliance with company and department policy, as well as all relevant OSHA regulations. He/she is knowledgeable in installations and field service procedures. The Installer will report to the Field Technician Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review work assignments through internal systems prior to arriving at job
- Interact with contact to ensure that the installation is completed in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction
- Install equipment using appropriate fasteners ensuring it is plumb, level and secure
- Neatly route and manage cables
- Test all equipment to ensure 100% functionality
- Service and troubleshoot installed equipment if needed
- Leave work area clean and neat after completion of installation
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements
- Ensure signoffs at the end of every job before leaving a school
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Site survey for new installations using Site Survey application
- Accurately record daily hours worked and mileage driven
- Respond to email and phone calls in a timely manner
- Maintain van equipment stock (hardware, cables and parts)
- Maintain Teq furnished vehicle, if applicable
- This role requires travel throughout NYS and NJ
- At least 1-2 years work experience in computer repair and/or network installations required
- Demonstrated mechanical, technical and electrical aptitude
- Valid driver’s license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines.
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines required.
- Must be physically able to perform job functions
Pay and Benefits: :
- Salary Range: $60k – 80k
- Insurance: Medical, FSA, DCA, Dental, Vision, Life and Accidental Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid Time Off: 16 Paid Days Off, Plus 13 Paid Holidays, Paid Training
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required
Job Type: Full-time
Teq is an Educational Technology company, dedicated to championing the evolution of the modern classroom. We pride ourselves on supporting our schools with a unique blend of experienced service, innovative products, and incomparable professional development support, while fostering passion and creativity in the 21st century learning environment.
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.