New York City Department of Education Business Analyst
Post in Careers by RecruitingHR on 3rd May 2019
Job Overview and Requirements
We are looking for an ambitious, analytical and intuitive candidate to take on this new role in NYC working with our largest client, the New York City Department of Education. The ideal candidate will be energetic with an entrepreneurial spirit, ensuring our sales efforts across the 5 boroughs are being handled efficiently while simultaneously fostering new professional relationships to contribute to Teq’s growing success. This is a unique opportunity that will combine networking and communication skills with a proven track record in successful people/project management and business development.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, evaluate and build upon current business operations between Teq and the NYC DOE.
- Design a scientific, analytical approach to management of the sales team to ensure consistency, efficiency, and quality of the sales effort across the 5 boroughs.
- Increase top line revenue and improve sales performance overall by analyzing the practice and procedures of our NYC DOE sales team, attending field sessions and building weekly and monthly reports based off the findings.
- Investigate and uncover new funding sources and opportunities within the NYCDOE, making connections with the department overseeing the funding, and introduce the Teq Executive team to those contacts.
- Identify and record best practices and assist in implementing those practices throughout the entire sales team.
- Network within the NYCDOE including, but not limited to, the Office of Teaching & Learning, Contracts & Purchasing, Executive Superintendents, Superintendents, UFT, Bureau of Non-Public Schools, etc.
- Serve as a link between different departments at the NYCDOE to help create connections and synergies that do not currently exist.
- MBA Degree
- Exceptional people and management skills to effectively communicate with staff, colleagues and clients.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships across the organization and with external partners
- Ability to conduct effective presentations in a confident and assertive manner.
- Excellent account management skills in relationship-building and networking.
- Strong creative skills to form approaches and strategies that will tell the Teq story throughout the DOE.
Who are we?
Established 1972. Providing technology based products and services appropriate for the K12 environments in NY, NJ, PA, and MA. Located in Suffolk County with 175 employees. Doing business in the NYC DOE since 1975 with the Vocational and CTE programs providing vocational and occupational training aids and modular technology laboratories for 20 years. Shifted focus in 1999 to selling SMART Boards and Professional Development in NYS. Sold over 150,000 SMART Boards in 20 years, 80,000 of which were sold in NYC. Presently have a full-time staff of 20 state certified teachers with classroom experience, performing onsite PD, creating courses and certifications that specialize in “the fusion of technology and learning”. Publishers of an online PD platform that addresses administrators’, teachers’, coaches’, para-professionals’, and parent’s need to understand the effects, benefits, and methodologies behind technology-infused learning environments. Developer of iBlocks, the missing link in education, designed to assist school districts in transforming the way they approach applied sciences to real life situations.
Teq is an educational technology company dedicated to championing the evolution of the modern classroom. We pride ourselves on supporting our schools with a unique blend of experienced service, innovative products, and incomparable professional development. Our mission is to foster passion and creativity in the 21st century learning environment.
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply simply send your Resume and Cover letter to:
Jacquelyn Hannan, Recruiting Specialist