|The Field Product Specialist will be responsible for traveling throughout NY and NJ, with products and equipment, delivering exemplary, engaging, interactive product demonstrations and basic training for Teq’s K-12 customers.
The Field Product Specialist will deliver in-depth product training to the sales, professional development and technical support teams, including: equipment set up, demonstration, and basic troubleshooting skills. They will also be responsible for the delivery of up-to-date product information for the sales, technical support, and professional development teams, including: product updates, inventory levels, marketing materials, competitive analysis, and current pricing sheets, where applicable.
On the Road:
- Responsible for traveling 90% of the time to set-up and demonstrate equipment to School Boards, School Administrators, Building Principals, Chair people, Teachers and Students.
- Responsible for intimate knowledge of every product offering.
- Responsible for helping prospects and customers understand the capabilities of our suite of offerings and leave behind all marketing material, regardless of the focus of the demonstration.
- Adapt/customize pre-sales product demonstration suitable to the opportunity.
- Daily communications with Sales and Sales Operations to coordinate related follow-up activities.
- Periodically, train remote employees on new and existing products and product updates.
- Provide Weekly report on travel schedule and results for review by management
- Work directly with the Product Manager
- Work with the Professional Development team to transfer product knowledge and existing training techniques on all products.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date product training manuals.
- Daily communication with Sales Operations to coordinate related follow-up activities, based on daily demonstration schedule.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management and presentation skills
- Highly energetic and self-starter
- Ability and willingness to travel as required by role (up to 90% of the time) Tri-State
- Competitive Salary + Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 16 Paid Days Off Plus 13 Paid Holidays
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary Range
- 16 Days PTO, Full Health Benefits (Dental, Medical, Vision)
Teq is an Educational Technology company, dedicated to championing the evolution of the modern classroom. Teq is the exclusive provider of SMART Technologies award-winning classroom hardware for all K-12 districts in New York State, the national distributor for their award-winning software, and the largest reseller of SMART products in the United States. We pride ourselves on supporting our schools with a unique blend of experienced service, innovative products, and incomparable professional development support, while fostering passion and creativity in the 21st century learning environment.
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.