|Teq’s Professional Development & Content Specialists – Onsite PD Delivery and Content Creation, are primarily responsible for the delivery of K-12 professional development services, as well as for design, development, and refining of Teq’s Professional Development content relevant to our customers’ needs. The Professional Development & Content Specialists – Onsite PD Delivery and Content Creation, have a broad understanding of content and K-12 programs, and will adhere to effective instructional practices for teaching and developing adult learners in multiple environments. They provide professional development services and design Instructional Blocks (iBlocks) or Project-based Learning activities, along with all the relevant materials necessary for successful implementation of the professional development skills, curriculum and content provided. This position is accountable for effective presales support, professional development workshops, implementation trainings, and onsite coaching/mentoring/demonstration lessons to current customers in order to foster satisfaction and confidence in professional services. Individuals are distinguished by their ability to consistently design and deliver effective and engaging professional development services; knowledge of what it takes to successfully implement programs at the classroom, school and district-level; knowledge of best practices in adult learning, coaching techniques; and ability to resonate with the customer as both a product and content expert.
- Demonstrates understanding of all Teq Professional development courses addressing K-12 as well as core products, processes, and programs as well as technology associated with such programs and products to be expert on the products and services for Teq sales
- Provides Onsite PD presales support for all Teq products and services (PD) for Account Executives to assist with sales calls or online web-x presentations when schedule permits
- Drives utilization of customized PD plan and evaluation and utilizes this information to build effective measures of staff and customer satisfaction for administrator and the teacher
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge about curriculum issues and utilizes that information to build a foundation for effective communication with customers to help drive student achievement and teacher effectiveness
- Customizes training based on customer needs and prepares and delivers effective interactive workshops that reflect new and creative ideas relating to current issues and trends and provides stimulating ideas for teachers to take back to their classrooms
- Communicates with clients before each scheduled service to determine needs in order to customize for the district; uses voicemail and e-mail appropriately and effectively; submits required reports in a timely manner
- Designs professional development courses and sessions geared toward teachers from Pre-K to 12 that appeal to various learning styles
- Create Instructional Blocks (iBlocks) – customized Project-based Learning activities and content utilizing the Engineering Design Process and Universal Design for Learning to improve student outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in Education, Education Technology, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years providing professional development designed to effectively integrate technology into curriculum and instruction
- An inspiring desire to develop effective instructional technology
- Demonstrated ability to use data to inform instruction
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate skills in development of lesson plan and content geared towards students.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage customer expectations
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of Common Core State Standards a plus.
- Understanding of academic market dynamics
- Experience with instructional design, learning design, or curriculum design.
- Experience integrating technology into curriculum and instruction
- Ability to work with software teams and learning processes.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary Range
- 16 Days PTO, Full Health Benefits (Dental, Medical, Vision)
Teq is an Educational Technology company, dedicated to championing the evolution of the modern classroom. Teq is the exclusive provider of SMART Technologies award-winning classroom hardware for all K-12 districts in New York State, the national distributor for their award-winning software, and the largest reseller of SMART products in the United States. We pride ourselves on supporting our schools with a unique blend of experienced service, innovative products, and incomparable professional development support, while fostering passion and creativity in the 21st century learning environment.
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.