SAP Business One/Database Administrator
Post in Careers by wpteqadmin on 1st March 2019
The SAP Business One/Database Administrator will be responsible for the management of our SAP environment. The SAP B1 Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing.basis. The role activities also include but are not limited to SAP B1 Client upgrade, SAP B1 client patch LEVELS, Add-ons integration, reports enhancements, new report creation, support report data validation, administration of SAP B1 SQL DATABASE AND other databases that integrate with the SAP B1, MAINTENANCE, backups and query writing as needed. This position also requires the ability to understand business processes and augment them leveraging all SAP B1 functionality and add-ons
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Write reports on SAP B1 Crystal Report as needed.
- Work with the organization and business areas to plan new upgrades and or improvements. Including requirement gathering, documentation, enhancements and changes.
- Create test strategies for all SAP functions when needed.
- Monitoring and updating of Price list master data
- Monitoring and updating as needed of work flows and approval process
- Oversee every user request for report.
- Recommend changes in software and hardware to improve computer capabilities
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the SAPB1 SQL environment by managing the SAP User defined fields to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAPB1 SQL instance.
- Design and implement an optimal SAPB1 configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Development reports and queries as needed.
- Oversees the SAPB1 administration module to ensure all configurations are aligned our business process.
- Maintain SAP B1 performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Administer the SAP B1 SQL database (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Perform SAP B1 client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
- Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAPB1 instances and interfaces.
What you should have:
- MSSQL: 5 year (Preferred)
- Crystal Reports: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Financial logic experience (OEM, discrete. Preferred)
- 5 to10 years of progressive experience as SAP B1 administrator, SQL Database administrator
- Strong experience in managing one or more major business functions (e.g., operations, business development, etc.)
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- strong troubleshooting experience.
- Solid Crystal Reports skills creating labels and writing reports
- Manage, maintain and support various day-to-day operations of SAP B1 ERP system
- SAP B1 Configuration experience
- Skilled in utilization of standard Offices 365 suite
- Monitor system performance and problem troubleshooting
- Work with functional and operational areas / personnel to identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
- Ability to understand business processes to better understand organization requirements.
- Ability to continue learning new technologies and applications to better support the business needs.
Pay and Benefits
- Salary Range $80,000.00 – $95,000.00
- 16 Paid Days Off Plus 13 Paid Holidays
- Full Slate of benefits – Health and a 401K plan to help plan for your future
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.