Channel Sales Field Representative – Mid Atlantic (WV,VA,MD,DC)
Human Resources Department
Careers on September 02 2021
Teq is an educational technology reseller founded in 1972. Our office is based in Huntington Station, NY. We provide audio-visual solutions, STEM products, and professional development (PD) solutions for schools and other educational institutions throughout the United States. We focus on high-quality products that drive outcomes in the classroom and surround those products with excellent service and support for teachers.
Teq is looking to add a field sales representative to cover education customers in the West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, & D.C. areas. Teq has recently expanded to this area with our inside sales team, and we are looking to supplement that team with an experienced field sales representative. Although it’s not a requirement, ideally the representative would reside in Northern Virginia for best territory coverage. This role would operate remotely out of a home office with an expectation of travel throughout the territory combined with demand generation through phone calls and other efforts. This is a new position in a new territory, and a successful candidate would be developing the territory from the ground up.
This role will report to the Director of Channel Sales.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate sales opportunities through calls and visits with educational institutions throughout the territory
- Schedule and attend in-person meetings to introduce Teq to the customer, conduct product demonstrations, gather stakeholders, and finalize sales
- Introduce Teq and our company philosophy to customers
- Act with utmost professionalism and respect for the customer. We expect our representatives to provide clear communication with customers, communicate clearly and honestly, and always meet a deadline you provide to a customer. We expect Teq sales representatives to be considered the most professional sales representative that any district works with
- Build brand awareness through participation in local and regional events, trade shows, and conferences
- Provide key insights into district, regional, and state-level initiatives impacting the market
- Effectively utilize systems and sales tools to accurately report daily activity, opportunity creation, and sales growth
- Collaborate with teammates consistently and authentically to create new business and serve customers
- Coordinate with Teq’s CDW partners on sales and demand generation
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped commission plan structured to reward the building of a new territory. Commissions are earned every sale, with greater earning potential as sales increase
- Cigna health benefits with options for dental & vision plans substantially subsidized by Teq
- 13 holidays and 16 paid-days-off
To apply simply send your Resume and Cover letter to:
Jason Flinn, Director of Human Resources
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.