Top 5 STEM Sessions We Recommend at ISTE 2018
Post in News by Marketing Team on 15th May 2018
ISTE 2018 is just around the corner! With so many great sessions going on, there’s no shortage of choices, especially when it comes to STEM. Here’s our top 5 choices for STEM sessions – and why we think they’re game-changers (in chronological order, for your convenience):
1. Creating Your Own STEAM Makerspace Program: Ideas and Considerations
Sunday, June 24, 10:00–11:00 a.m.
Jessica Wenke and Nina Sclafani
Yes, this is a shameless plug for Teq’s own session, but we genuinely think it’s not to be missed. And apparently, so does everyone else, since we won an ISTE People’s Choice Award! Join our session to immerse yourself in maker education and walk away with ideas, inspiration, and a plan you can put into action.
2. Stop, Collaborate and Listen: Enhancing Student Voice in the Active Classroom
Sunday, June 24, 12:00–1:00 p.m.
Howard Bissell, Tiffany Miller, and Jennifer Steiner
We love the mission behind this session – that the real impact of edtech lies not in the technology itself, but what students can do with it. Attend this session to build your toolkit of digital strategies to amplify student voice through grouping, collaboration, and peer feedback. Another ISTE People’s Choice Award winner!
3. Interactive Makerspace Projects with Chromebooks
Monday, June 25, 8:00–10:00 a.m.
Who doesn’t want to attend a session on makerspace projects + Chromebooks? We are excited to learn about this awesome project idea that takes posters into the 21st century with digital and interactive elements.
4. Assessments with SMART Notebook
Tuesday, June 26, 1:15–3:15 p.m.
It’s no secret that SMART is changing the face of interactive classroom technology – but we’ve barely scratched the surface when it comes to leveraging SMART Notebook in the classroom. Check out this session to explore how to integrate interactive games and formative assessments while using SMART Notebook.
5. Hey, Can You Do this? Students Mentoring Students in Robotics Class
Wednesday, June 27, 11:00 am–1:00 p.m.
Pola Levy, Nancy Penchev, and Adam Scheck
It’s one of our favorite topics – robotics! Join this session to hear from student mentors that teach K-2 students how to program and code robots to do important things like create music, act out stories, and play sports.
Hungry for more ISTE?
- Need some basic info? For general information about ISTE, the epicenter of edtech, visit the ISTE Conference 2018 website.
- Looking for Teq at ISTE? Here’s a helpful floorplan of the Expo space – we’re at Booth #2652 (just search “teq” and it will highlight on the map)!
- What’s happening at our booth? Stop by the Teq booth for amazing STEM sessions on 3D printing, how to hack your DDR, Google Apps for Education, and to learn the basics of circuitry with a giant breadboard. Stay tuned for more info!
- Attend our interactive lecture! Our very own Curriculum Specialist, Jessica Wenke, will be presenting Creating a STEAM Makerspace Program: Ideas and Considerations on Sunday, June 24 from 10-11AM.
- Join us at the SMART booth! Our Director of eLearning, Joseph Sanfilippo, will be at the SMART booth (#1203) running a lesson with some lucky volunteer students. Learn how technology is changing the face of lesson delivery and classroom interaction. Stay tuned for more info!