Using an iPad as a Document Camera with Your SMART iQ Experience
Director of eLearning
News on June 29 2021
We discussed in a previous blog how a document camera can be useful in your classroom, and how to connect it to your SMART iQ experience. Many teachers have access to a mobile device such as an iPad or tablet — did you know you can use this device as a document camera? By leveraging the built-in camera app on the device, and the screen sharing capability built into your SMART iQ experience, it becomes a simple process that gives teachers the flexibility to have a mobile document camera that can easily move around the classroom.
The SMART iQ experience allows you to use your SMART interactive flat panel (6000, 7000 & MX series) without a computer attached. The iQ experience has a variety of built-in features such as white-boarding, displaying files, accessing a web browser, screen sharing other devices, installing android applications, and much much more.
Watch the video below to learn how to connect your document camera to your SMART Board without the need for a computer.
Key points from the video:
- Your iPad or mobile device must be on the same network as your SMART iQ
- Utilize the built-in screen share option or the SMART Screenshare App
- Open the camera app on your iPad or mobile device
- Leverage the use of digital ink by writing with your SMART Pens
- Annotations can be saved to the File Library
- Use a device stand for a stationary document camera
- Pick up the device to move around and use as a mobile document camera
For more tips, tricks, and tools for teaching in and out of the classroom, check out more articles on the Teq Talk blog.
We also offer virtual professional development, training, and remote learning support for educators with OTIS for educators. Explore the technology, tools, and strategies that can spark student success — no matter where teaching or learning are happening.